March 2020 will forever be remembered as the month the world stopped traveling. Borders closed, airlines grounded their planes, cruise ships docked and the tourism industry imploded. Each day brought new changes and restrictions, enacted for the greater good in the fight against COVID-19, but with these changes came devastating effects to the global economy, and in particular, the tourism industry worldwide. At ROAM, we continue to navigate these uncharted waters to the best of our ability, with the support of our partners in Central America and abroad.
We have changed our 2021 booking policy to make things easier and give you peace of mind while booking with ROAM. View our new COVID-19 booking policy.
For many travelers, the virus' presence has generated questions or concerns around planning travel in the near future, as official government travel advice and policies worldwide continues to change. As always, the safety and well being of our travelers comes first. While every client’s situation is different, and we always make recommendations on a case-by-case basis, the following are general guidelines on how we are managing the COVID-19 situation:
- Close monitoring of the situation as it evolves, both through careful review of official government travel advice, and through contact with our partners in affected areas.
- Due to fast-changing government advice, and entry and quarantine restrictions, ROAM is advising against travel to Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama until July 2021 at the earliest. We are working with clients with existing bookings to reschedule their travel to later dates.
- Should official travel advice or quarantines impact travel to your chosen destination, we will work with you to reroute or reschedule your itinerary. We are actively communicating any changes in travel advice to clients due to depart within the next 8 weeks, and are always available to discuss any questions or concerns you may have, regardless of your travel destination.
- I'm due to travel with you in the next 8 weeks. What if there is a non-essential travel restriction to my destination?
- I am traveling with you in 8+ weeks, is there anything I need to know now?
- What happens if I choose to postpone my dates to a season when rates are higher?
- I'm considering booking a future trip, but I'm worried about the uncertainty around foreign travel while the COVID-19 pandemic is active. What flexibility can you offer me in case I want or need to change plans?
- Where can I get more information about the current status of my travel destination?
- Based in the US? Please check the latest government travel advice: US State Department travel advice.
- Based in Canada? Please check the latest government travel advice: Government of Canada travel advice.
- Read more about current border closures on our COVID-19 update blog post.
- Based elsewhere and have a question? Please contact us, or get more information on COVID-19 here:
How to Contact Us
To get your questions answered, email us directly at email@example.com, or give us a call at (toll free) 1-877-551-2929 and we will be in touch within 48 business hours to answer your questions.